Britten School is committed to preparing high school students to transition smoothly into society as independent functioning young adults. In light of this, Britten School has on staff a Vocational Education Coordinator who works with the students in a variety of ways. High school students participate in the following activities:
- Survey and assessment of skills and interests for career development
- Preparation for college entrance examinations
- Preparation and support for employment in student’s home community or away at Job Corps
- Guidance in the application process for colleges and universities or technical trade schools
- Guidance and application for service in the Armed Forces and registration for Selective Service
Individual goals are developed for each student, utilizing a comprehensive battery of assessments.